The ‘Why is My HP printer offline bug is one of the most common, and it occurs for no apparent reason. As a result, we have discussed the roots of this problem as well as the troubleshooting steps in this writing. So, if your HP printer continues to fail, simply follow the instructions in the section below.
It can be annoying to receive this error notice. This, however, does not suggest that your printer is faulty. An Hp offline printer is one that cannot communicate with the device that is sending the print job.
Because an Hp offline printer cannot receive or process new print jobs, all print jobs should be paused until the issue is fixed. Send no more print jobs to your hp offline printer until you’ve finished our troubleshooting procedure. If you have print jobs queued in the printer, you may need to cancel them until you can reconnect to the internet.
The HP wireless printer goes offline if “Use printer in offline mode” is selected. As a result, the user must ensure that this option is turned off. The following are the methods to fixing this setting:
- Select Start’ from the menu bar, then settings.’
- From the drop-down menu, choose ‘devices’ – ‘printer and scanners.’
- Select your HP printer from the list of printers and right-click it.
- Then, from the menu, uncheck the option “Use Printer Offline.” Now your HP printer will be able to connect to the internet again.
If HP printer isn’t working on Windows 10 or any other operating system, try these troubleshooting steps:
- In the search box, type ‘Run’ after clicking the Windows button. Now put ‘Control Panel’ into the dialogue box and hit ‘OK.’
- Your HP printer will be listed after you select the ‘Device and Printer’ option. Your printer has already been set as default’ if it has a green check mark next to it.
- If this isn’t the case, right-click your printer and choose “Set as default printer.”
- Your printer will now function normally, and the printer offline issue in your HP printer will be gone.
An Hp printer offline error will always appear if your HP printer driver is old or faulty. Follow these steps to update or replace a driver on Windows.
- Look for “Device Manager” in the Windows search results and click it.
- Expand the “Printers” section right now.
- Locate your printer’s model number in the expanded column and ‘Right Click’ on it, then select ‘Update Driver.’
- After that, select search automatically’ and wait for the printer’s driver to be updated.
- Once the operation has been completed, restart your computer.
- Go to ‘control panel,’ then remove programmes,’ and then uninstall your current HP printer driver to reinstall it. After that, go to HP’s website and download and install your printer’s driver.
If you follow the troubleshooting techniques above, you will never have an issue with your HP printer going offline in Windows 10 or any other operating system.
The HP printer displays an offline notice when the printer spooler is stopped. To fix it, take the following steps:
- To begin, type “Services.msc” followed by “OK” into the ‘Run’ dialogue box.
- Among the provided options, look for “Print Spooler.”
- Right-click on the print spooler service and select “Stop” to pause it.
- Next, in ‘Windows File Explorer,’ put C:Windows/System32/Spool/Printer in the location bar, then click ‘OK.’
- Delete all files from the printer folder to clear the printing queue.
- To restart the spooler service, go back to “Print Spooler,” right-click on it, and select “Start.”
- Finally, restart your computer and printer to resolve the “HP printer says offline” issue.
These instructions will assist the user in bringing the HP printer offline back online in Windows 10 or any other operating system.
Keep these things in mind if your HP printer says it’s offline:
- If you’re using a wireless connection, make sure your printer and computer are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Always restart your computer after configuring the HP printer to save the printer’s settings.
- Your printer may go offline due to paper jams, low ink levels, power fluctuations, or a lack of compatibility.
HP printers on Windows 10 can go down due to a faulty connection in rare cases. Follow the steps below to correct this:
- Make that the USB cable is properly connected to the printer and computer on both ends. Check that the printer and network are compatible if you have a wireless connection.
- Also, ensure the power cable between the printer and the power socket is undamaged and connected properly.
You may regularly experience a circumstance in which your HP printer fails to function properly.
- A difficulty with the printer’s WiFi connectivity is one of the key causes of its offline status.
- Another main cause of the HP printer’s inability to function is an inaccurately configured IP address in the laptop or desktop.
As a result, an error message indicating “Printer is down” shows on the screen. Follow the steps below to ensure that the IP address is correctly configured.
- Activate the ‘HP configuration screen.’
- Select the ‘networking tab’ from the options menu.
- From the drop-down option, select IP address.
- Choose manual configuration and enter the correct IP address.
These methods will enable you to resolve the issue produced by an erroneous IP address.
To prevent the HP printer from malfunctioning, make sure that all printer drivers are properly installed and updated. The constant and timely updating of system settings and printer drivers removes the risk of printing problems.
When a user encounters printer issues, he or she can quickly resolve them by following the troubleshooting procedures outlined in this article. One of the most important approaches to resolve the problem is to select the WiFi printing option from the printer by pressing the Wifi button. Then, from the system, navigate to ‘Network settings’ to see a list of available printers. As a user, you must choose your printer from the list. Your print chores can be finished after this step, since it will display that your HP printer is online.
Ques.Why is my HP printer showing that it is unavailable?
Ans.This could be the result of a communication breakdown between your device or computer and the printer. It could be as simple as your cable not being properly attached or a simple paper jam. A “Offline” printer error, on the other hand, can be caused by problems with your printer driver or software.
Ques.How do I reactivate the WiFi on my HP printer?
Ans.Press the Wireless and Cancel buttons to return to Wi-Fi setup mode.
- Press the Cancel button to prepare the printer.
- Hold down the Wireless and Cancel buttons for three seconds until the printer restarts.
- After the printer restarts, wait 60 seconds until the Wireless indicator blinks blue.
Ques.Why isn’t my HP printer connected to the internet?
Ans.Turn on the printer after ensuring that paper is inserted into the main tray. Select Network setup or Settings from the Wireless or Setup menu, and then Restore Network Settings. Make a note of the network name and password. For further information, see Find the wireless network password or PIN to connect an HP printer.
Ques.What’s the deal with my wireless printer not working?
Ans.If your printer fails to respond to a task, try the following: Check that all of the printer’s connections are properly connected and that the printer is turned on. Navigate to the computer’s “control panel” from the “start” menu if everything is correctly connected and powered on.
Ques.Why is my printer always claiming that it is offline?
Ans.The problem is typically due to your printer’s Wi-Fi or PC connection. There could be a number of issues, such as your PC and printer not connecting or an incorrect setting that has led your device to seem offline.