If your Brother Printer is not working properly, the following factors could be to blame:
- The printer has not been set as the default printer.
- An offline error message is displayed by the printer.
- Failure of the Spooler service
- As a result of an outdated or faulty driver
However, by carefully following the troubleshooting steps outlined below, these issues can be easily resolved.
The brother printer may be in an error state if it is not set as the default printer.
Follow the steps below to make the following the default:
- To begin, go to the control panel.
- Then, click the ‘Device and Printer’ button.
- Next, from the list of available printers, right-click on your Brother printer.
- Then, select “Set as default printer.”
- Finally, restart your printer and PC to resolve the Brother Printer error state.
If both of these options are checked in your printer’s settings, an error message will be displayed.
As a result, we’ll demonstrate how to change the Brother printer’s mode from online to offline.
- To begin, enter ‘Run’ into the Windows search box to open the dialogue box.
- Type Control panel > click on the ‘Devices and Printers’ option to open the window.
- Right-click the printer and select’see what’s printing.’
- Next, from the top left, uncheck both the ‘Pause Printing’ and ‘Use Printer Offline’ options.
- Finally, restart your printer to see if the problem with the error state has been resolved. If not, proceed to the subsequent method.
You may encounter a Brother printer in an error state on a Windows or Mac computer if the print spooler service is not properly running.
This issue, however, can be resolved by changing the spooler setting to automatic as described below –
- In the Run dialogue box, type’services.msc’ and press OK.
- Right-click on the ‘Print spooler’ in the following window.
- Select’start’ or’restart’ if the spooler is not running.
- Return to the print spooler and right-click on it, then select Properties and set the Startup type to Automatic, then click ‘OK’ and ‘Apply.’
Your error state problem has been resolved, and the printer will now resume normal operation.
To clear the print queue, proceed as follows:
- Start by stopping the print spooler service by carrying out the procedures described in the previous section.
- Then, enter C:WindowsSystem32SpoolPrinters in the Run dialogue box and click OK.
- Select every file in the printer folder, then delete it.
- After that, go back to the print spooler service and select “Restart” from the context menu.
- Restart the printer and PC to see if the Brother printer’s error state issue has been fixed.
To update your driver, follow the steps below.
- To access the device manager, launch the run dialogue box from the Windows search bar, type “devmgmt.msc,” and then press OK.
- Navigate to the Device management tool and choose “view.” Then, at the top, choose “show hidden devices.”
- Next, expand the list by clicking on “Print Queue,” then right-click on the Brother printer and select “Update Driver” and “Search Automatically” for driver software updates.
- After updating the driver, restart the computer to see if the problem has been resolved.
A low network and bad connection issue could cause the brother printer to be in an error state.
Check your wireless connection again or read “How to Connect Brother Printer to Wifi Network” as a result.